Sunday, September 1, 2024

Finding Things to do in Kansas City

Updated 9/1/24 (check back often!)

I know. I get it. I mean I REALLY get it. 

There are SO MANY things going on in our huge city and it's hard to keep up with all of them. 

Sometimes my head spins when I think of all the things that are happening ON THE SAME DAY.

And then, depending on the ages of your kids and how long you've lived here, you get to wait until your homeschooling pals or the pals of your kids decide what THEY are going to do. ('cuz, ya know, kids like to hang out with their friends whenever possible at different places, events, gatherings, etc.)

To make the most informed decisions for your family about what adventures you'd like to go on and experience each month, I'd suggest the following:

FIRST: Print some calendars

Print the monthly event calendar at both JoCo Homeschool Get Together (Kansas) and A Homeschool Adventure (Missouri). I love that they take the time to create these calendars so you can make plans in advance, and it's easy to print out and stick on a bulletin board or tape to the wall, or slide into your homeschool planner.

I have a kid who loves to ice skate, so I also print the Independence Community Ice in Independence, MO public skate calendar. I also print the KC Ice Center in Shawnee, KS calendar. They have a homeschool skate the first and third Friday of the monthly normally, and it's only $5, skates are included, and parents skate free! They also have public skate times.

Whatever your kids are interested in, find a calendar and print it! Or write dates on your own calendar. Or input things into your Google or other online/mobile calendar.

SECOND: Can't go wrong with KC Parent Magazine

Head to Kansas City Parent Magazine's event calendar on their website, which shows events by day (also pick up a copy of the magazine if you happen to pass by one). They have so many great things to share, and they also include some adult-type events, which is nice for date night and moms night out ideas.

THIRD: Check out my ideas list

Check out some of the things below that my family has done or has on our bucket list:

SEPTEMBER

  • Go to a Kansas City Royals baseball game



AUGUST

OCTOBER




NOVEMBER




DECEMBER




JANUARY



FEBRUARY




MARCH




APRIL




MAY





JUNE



JULY






If you're on Facebook, please like and follow the Homeschooling in Kansas City page for updates and giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment